The committee is appointed by the DVCU Board of Directors and is comprised of volunteers who are member-owners of the credit union. Its primary function is to serve as the audit committee of the credit union, ensuring that it is soundly managed and that member assets are safeguarded. To fulfill its function, the committee will monitor and evaluate the quality of credit union finances, operations, and decisions.
- Safeguard DVCU member assets by initiating ongoing internal and yearly external audits
- Periodically verify teller cash and member account balances
- Review DVCU's policies, procedures, and operations
- Review the minutes of meetings held by the DVCU Board of Directors and by DVCU operating committees
- Evaluate the DVCU internal controls and financial position
- Make recommendations for improving DVCU operating practices
- Keep abreast of consumer laws and regulations and determine DVCU's compliance with them
- Insure that DVCU is not in violation of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act by discriminating against any category of members
- Collaborate with regulatory examiners during their DVCU inspection
- Reviewing and resolving member complaints that cannot be rectified through normal channels
The vast majority of issues can be resolved efficiently and effectively by the DVCU staff. If you are unable to resolve an issue or discrepancy in your account through normal channels, you may wish to contact the Supervisory Committee via email or by writing to:
Deer Valley Credit Union
PO Box 86488
Phoenix, AZ 85080
If you would like to be considered for appointment to the Supervisory Committee, please send a resume and cover letter stating your interest to the P.O. Box address above.
Positions may not always be available, but your interest and information will be kept in a file for possible openings.
Experience in bookkeeping, accounting, auditing, finance, systems analysis, or documentation review is helpful in this position, as you are responsible for carrying out audit and verification functions. You also must be a DVCU member in good standing.
The work normally involves six to twelve hours per month and consists of the following activities:
- Instigating internal and external audits and reviewing the results
- Attending all meetings of the Supervisory Committee as well as some monthly Board of Director meetings
- Reading various DVCU operations' documentation and posing concerns or suggestions
- Reviewing the credit union's policy and procedure documentation and determining if it agrees with the actual methods of doing business
- Participating in the volunteer training program
- Attending seminars and conferences related to the credit union industry, the Supervisory Committee and internal audit functions
- Participating in unannounced cash counts
- Periodically serving as a member of a special task team
Current Committee Members
Al DuBrowa, Chairman